Clean eating is one of the new healthy eating trends that is very popular because of the many health benefits they bring. So what is clean eating, how to eat clean and what are their effects? You will get an overview of the clean eating diet after this article.
What is clean eating?
Clean eating is a diet of all kinds of fats, prioritizing the selection of whole foods in their natural state or considered “clean”.
In simple terms, clean eating means eating fresh, natural foods and not eating frozen, greasy, fatty, or processed foods.
What are the benefits of a clean eating diet?
A clean eating diet can bring many advantages including improved physical and health to those who apply it thanks to its large amount of essential vitamins and minerals.
Specifically, a diet rich in healthy foods like clean eating can help limit health problems like high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and even breast cancer. Not only that, the vegetables that make up the majority of this diet will support better mental health.
Can a clean eating diet be applied for the long term?
Basically, clean eating chooses low- or no-processed foods. Therefore, this type of diet can be applied for a long time without adversely affecting health.
However, clean eating also has many different variations, such as eliminating part or all of a certain food, usually gluten, grains and dairy, making the body vulnerable to nutrient and energy deficiencies. . Therefore, the ability to apply a clean eating diet in the long term depends on how you eat clean, combined with the health status, lifestyle and activity level of each person.
Why does a clean eating diet have no processed food?
First, we can clarify that “processed foods” are:
- Foods with added substances: Added sugar, salt, supporting fats, preservatives, fortified vitamins, etc.
- Change form compared to nature: Remove bran and germ from cereals, crush tomatoes to make the sauce, stir-fry vegetables…
- Food containing ingredients made in a laboratory
- Food has been cooked
Processed foods can contain many unhealthy ingredients, such as genetically modified GMOs that are easy to cause cancer and infertility, additives that cause cancer, heart disease, kidney stones, or fortified foods. stimulation in the body makes us crave food continuously, etc. Not only that, the processing process can lose many of the original nutrients in the food.
How to follow a clean eating diet properly?
Any diet needs a certain amount of time to be effective, so you can apply the following tips to eat clean properly and longer.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables: Fruit is a natural food with many nutrients in a clean eating diet and you can eat it directly without having to process it. Some vegetables can also be eaten raw or simply processed to provide the best source of nutrients. They are all rich in fiber, protein, and many healthy vitamins and minerals.
- Limit processed foods: Processed foods also have good and bad types, so don’t forget to apply the “clean” approach when choosing these foods. Ensure the composition of the product includes real ingredients and does not contain foreign substances, harmful to health.
- Say no to alcohol, beer, and tobacco: Smoking and drinking a lot of alcohol are taboo for many diets, not just clean eating. You should try to limit the consumption of alcoholic beverages and quit smoking so as not to affect the health of yourself and those around you.
Now, you can have a good grasp of a clean eating diet. Eating lots of organic and fresh food can bring a good source of energy and avoid obesity after meals. If you ask whether a clean eating diet is good or not, the answer is 100% yes. You don’t need to abstain too much but still have a perfect body.