5 Benefits of nuts in losing weight
To get good results in the matter of physique, how to choose nutritious seeds is also extremely important. When choosing nuts, you should avoid nuts with spices, salt, sugar, chocolate, or honey. Instead, choosing dry, raw roasted nuts is a wise choice!
And next, let’s come to the mechanism of nutrients to help with weight loss:
- The nutritional content of the seeds is high in protein and fiber, which can help you feel fuller, stay fuller for longer, and thus reduce cravings.
- The healthy fats found in the seeds help release the hormones Cholecystokinin (CCK) and Peptide YY (PYY) (these are two hormones that reduce appetite in our body, CCK is produced when we eat too much. fat, protein and fiber).
- Eating nuts helps us increase metabolic rate when the body is in a resting state. This percentage can be from 5-10%. This means that it is burning more calories in our body even at rest.
- The fibrous cells present in nuts also work to prevent our body from absorbing up to 20% of the calories in nuts.
- Eating nuts can make us eat less in our next meal because the energy contained in seeds is provided by our bodies.
Some recommended nuts you should use in a clean eating diet
We are not too familiar with the wonderful benefits that walnuts bring to our hearts and brain. But few people know that walnuts are good food for weight loss when inside walnuts are the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, plant sterols, and vitamins, all of which aim to suppress our hunger. This prevents us from feeling hungry and overeating causes weight gain.
Almonds are also considered a good food for health and weight problems. Because almonds contain a rich source of monounsaturated fat (in 10g of almonds contain up to 2.5g of monounsaturated fatty acids), this fat helps prevent overeating. And the fiber in almonds also contributes to the feeling of fullness, even a small amount is enough to help us not overeat
Just like almonds and walnuts, cashews contain monounsaturated fats, vitamin K, fiber, protein, magnesium, and zinc that play a role in scavenging harmful free radicals and improving health. Improves satiety in the body, thereby reducing snacking and overeating in portions.
The amount of magnesium present in cashews is essential in the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates to strongly aid in the process of reducing body weight.
When learning about pistachios, I was surprised at how low in calories but high in protein, potassium, and fiber. In addition, pistachios also contain monounsaturated fats that help control cholesterol levels in the body. In a nutrition study that I have read before, they used subjects who were middle-aged people. They were divided into two groups, one group was supplemented with pistachios in their diet and the other group ate a normal diet. The results showed that the group of people given pistachios had smaller waistlines, lower total cholesterol, and improved blood sugar levels.
Last, of the family of nutritious nuts, it is necessary to mention the “younger brother” of Brazil nuts. These nuts contain beneficial palmitoleic acid and oleic acid that help lower bad LDL cholesterol and increase good HDL cholesterol. Unexpectedly, Brazil nuts contain a very large amount of selenium, this selenium helps control the body’s metabolism, not only that, but selenium also regulates thyroid hormone, which is effective in controlling the body’s metabolism.
In the list of healthy foods that are good for health and weight loss, nuts are considered a great super product because nutritious seeds are a food source that contains a lot of fiber, protein, healthy fats, and healthy fats. essential vitamins and minerals. So, if you haven’t added these healthy food sources to your diet yet, then after this article, add them to your list.